Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Antique Crazy Quilts

I was looking through some of my EBay Antique Crazy Quilt pictures that I had saved over the years and thought I would post some more of them. I am especially attracted to the artistic graphic nature or beautiful stitching on these.

These panels were probably going to be a border or they could have been part of a row quilt. They could have also been turned into a tile quilt. I want to make a tile quilt someday.

Here is a close up of one of the fans. It looked to be quite dimensional.

I love the use of the border on this. I only have this one picture. It looks like it has some great stitching and motifs. I would love to see it close up. Very nice!

This unfinished CQ is interesting in it's randomness. I like all the fans. What would it have ended up like?

So many CQ's ended up being unfinished. I love the center medallion. What would the border have been like? Like the center? I only have this one picture. This has a folk art feel to it.

This picture is not really that great but the quilt has a very interesting design.


I have many more pictures and will post some more later.
It is a rainy, dreary day here in Southern California. Either a good Saturday to go up to my sewing room or go to the grocery store and come home and cook some nice warm soup. Maybe do both!




6 comments:

allie aller said...

You are making me swoon!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Thank you Kerri for these nice and interesting quilts!

Maureen said...

Thank you for posting these. They are all so wonderful and inspiring.

Grandma said...

Kerri, I love your blog and love looking at your ebay cg's you post to the list! Judy in Indiana

Debra Dixon said...

I totally love that CQ with the circular pieced middle!! and the panels are very clever too--I have some embroidery motifs that would work with that idea!
Thanks so much.

gocrazywithme said...

I love these photos! I always love it when you post the links for the Ebay quilts (have I told you that lately? I think not), so this is even better; the best of the best. Please keep them coming....and I'll love a bowl of that soup....